Blog Archive

Saturday, June 7, 2014

New York Times: The Last To Know

Often the last to know when I was the subject of derogatory speech, I would react at times proactively pretending to be in on everyone's ongoing joke and going with the apparent flow to show good form. Usually, the paranoia was unwarranted and I learned how to pay attention to non-verbal queues more. I guessed at what Cool was. My first real teacher was a high school Janitor called Frosty. Experience trumps Education Degrees 80% of the time. For the remaining 20% I acquiesce they are equal.