Blog Archive

Saturday, December 19, 2015

I'm Bat...WHAT?!

My very first Super Hero was Batman, but I had this thing about Superman and there was a conflict. Batman had a lot of cool equipment while Superman had every super power known to man it seemed. And when I was growing up in the 1960's there was this silly campy Batman and Robin TV show that went right over my head, but the actors seemed to be having fun doing the show which was good enough for me. I actually believed Batman and Robin could walk up a vertical wall with only a rope. Anyway, there was an earlier TV show about Superman with George Reeves that was supposed to be more serious, but I never enjoyed it as much. So I had this ongoing conflict between super powers and cool equipment: Which one was better? Well, Batman was out and Superman was in. For awhile. Then, I switched back.